Earlier in March, local wildlife rescue workers in Kaiga Township, India, came dangerously close to a very thirsty 12-foot venomous King Cobra.
According to National Geographic these reptiles are usually reserved in nature, and will avoid humans where possible. However, when they attacked, the snakes, which can reach up to 18 feet in length, pack an extremely dangerous punch.
Parts of south India had been suffering from extreme drought, leaving not only farmers without food and water, but also the local wildlife.
When the huge King Cobra made his way into their town, rangers were understandably scared, extremely wary, and initially unsure of how to respond to the potentially fatal creature.
One bite contains enough venom to kill 20 people, or even an elephant.
The rescue workers first reaction was to ward the animal off with a metal rod for their safety. Then, they poured water over the cobra, to help cool him down in the scorching heat.
Next decided to come closer, very cautiously, and offer the animal some water, thinking that me may have been dehydrated and thirsty. Amazingly, they were correct and the reptile drank calmly from their bottle.
Luckily, nobody was hurt in this potentially dangerous situation, and the cobra got some much needed help.
Watch the amazing video below:
* * *
At Holidog, we aim to improve the lives of your furry friends. Enjoy your holidays with peace of mind, knowing your pet is in great hands (find a petsitter near you) and spoil them with our monthly subscription box filled with yummy treats and toys (get your free box here). You can count on us!