This policy does not apply to information about you collected by third party websites and offerings linked to or otherwise accessible from The Holidog Times. The information collected or received by third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
1. Collection of Your Personal Information
We collect or receive information about you when you use The Holidog Times. Depending on how you use The Holidog Times, your personal information (“Personal Information”) may include:
- information about The Holidog Times that you use, how frequently you use them (such as your use of email or instant messenger); and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on The Holidog Times or other features made available by The Holidog Times, including those available on third party websites;
- information about the searches you perform through The Holidog Times and how you use the results of those searches;
- your customer service information (including web services account activity histories and records of your communications with our customer services team);
- records of your communications with us (whether in writing, by email or by telephone) for the training and monitoring of our staff and to improve our service;
- location data and other information about devices used to access and interact with The Holidog Times;
- other information specifically related to your use of The Holidog Times, including information that you publicly post using tools made available by Holidog; or
- information about your online activities – for example, your patterns of browsing, clicking, purchasing and searches you perform when using The Holidog Times – so that we can tailor your experience of The Holidog Times according to your apparent preferences, as expressed through those patterns of activity.
Your Personal information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as:
- publicly available information, information about households,
- commercially available demographic information which we obtain from third party organisations in order to deliver customised advertising and/or content to you. In most cases this will involve the physical transfer of Personal Information held by Holidog to that third party organisation, but strictly on the basis that such third parties will act as Data Processor on Holidog’s behalf in respect of such data, and as such will have no independent rights of access to or use of the Personal Information. This means that, among other things, the third party organisation in question must securely delete/return to Holidog all such data when Holidog’s arrangements with that third party come to an end, and may not use the data in any way other than as specifically instructed by Holidog,
- and other information which we may append or match to your Personal Information.
Holidog may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use The Holidog Times. This may include: your browser or operating system, your manner of connecting to the Internet (including the type of device you are using) and the name of your Internet service provider or wireless carrier; your Internet protocol (IP) address; your unique device ID; and data relating to malfunctions or problems occurring when you use your device with The Holidog Times. Additionally, we may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving your online experience.
2. How Your Personal Information is used
Your Personal information is used for purposes that include:
- to operate and improve The Holidog Times;
- to personalize the content and advertisements provided to you (including to present offers to you on behalf of business partners and advertisers);
- to fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services;
- to communicate with you by electronic methods (including email, text, picture, video and sms messaging), about offers and information on the products and services offered by Holidog or third parties and respond to your inquiries;
- to conduct research about your use of The Holidog Times;
- to help offer you other products, programs, or services that may be of interest;
- to provide you with an open, but also civil, discussion forum on The Holidog Times. We track user involvement in our community discussions. For example, we keep track of the ratio of how many flagged comments are eventually deleted in order to award badges to our most effective commenters.
3. Where your Personal Information is stored?
Holidog is a global organisation, and many of the computers and companies that process information on our behalf are based in the USA and other countries outside the European Economic Area (the "EEA"). This means that your Personal Information (which may include information you provide about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, or concerning health or sex life) may be transferred to, processed and held both inside and outside the EEA.
4. How long do we keep Personal Information?
We may retain your Personal Information as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for the period to which you consent under The Holidog Times Agreement, as explained here or under the specific terms applicable to your use of The Holidog Times, or as is otherwise required by applicable law.
5. Sharing of Your Personal Information
- if we or an entity processing your Personal Information our behalf is compelled to do so by law in response to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena),
- in other circumstances in which Holidog believes that a crime has been or is being committed by an Holidog user, or that there is a threat to the safety of you or another person,
- or otherwise in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Holidog’s offerings may include features or functionalities provided by third parties. In the process of providing such functionalities within The Holidog Times, your browser may automatically send certain technical information to the third party provider. The use of these third-party provided features or functionalities is subject to their own privacy policies. In addition if you make any online purchases and/or registrations from third parties whilst online with Holidog, make sure that you review their privacy policies and contact them directly if you have any questions. They may have privacy policies that differ from Holidog’s, and they may therefore use Personal Information which you provide to them differently.
Business partners or other third parties may receive data about groups of Holidog users, but do not receive information that personally identifies you.
We may use agents and contractors in order to help operate Holidog. Their use of information is limited to these purposes.
In the event that ownership of Holidog was to change as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, your Personal Information may be transferred. If such a transfer results in a material change in the use of your Personal Information, you will be provided notice about the choices you have to decline to permit such a transfer.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
6. Display of Advertising
As noted above, we use the data we collect or receive about users' online activities to help us show ads for products or services users are likely to be interested in. Please note that we retain certain information for a limited time to aid in the targeting of ads, as well as for fraud detection and prevention. Data used to create segments for ad targeting is retained for no longer than 2 years. Other data (for example, data used to determine long-term or seasonal trends) may be retained for as long as Holidog has a legitimate business reason for retaining it.
7. Our Commitment to Security
8. Protecting Children
The Holidog Times is intended for a general audience, and children under the age of thirteen should not use them without the consent of a parent or guardian. We urge all parents to educate their children about online safety and the need to protect their Personal Information. In any event, Holidog does not collect any Personal Information of anyone under at the age of 13 without disclosing how that information will be used or without parental consent.
9. How to Contact Us