Do you adore dogs but you haven't quite come round to the commitment of actually adopting one? Or do you know someone who's hovering over whether to take the plunge?
Well, as major dog lovers here at the Holidog Times, we decided to put a list together highlighting all the wonderful reasons why you should finally have one. How could anybody say no after seeing this list? Just do it!
Here's 31 reasons why:
1. They help you stay in shape.
2. They help you become way more sociable.
3. They can always lift your mood.
4. They're great companions for children who suffer from autism.
5. They lead the blind around safely.
6. They are always over the moon to see you.
7. They'll be with you throughout all the tough times.
8. They can be trained to do the most incredible things (like getting cash out for their disabled owners).
9. They can protect you from danger.
10. You can give a special and deserving creature a second chance at life.
11. They will be loyal to you until the very end.
12. They make you have a super active lifestyle.
13. We can't deny that when they are puppies, they are too cute for words.
14. They have the simplest pleasures in life, and can inspire the same in you.
15. They're wonderful with kids.
16. Because when they make friends with other dogs, we melt.
17. Some dogs can detect cancer.
18. They can always put a smile on your face.
19. A dog will never judge you.
20. They'll always be there for you.
21. And you can act completely goofy with them.
22. They're the best alarm clocks ever.
23. Not to mention the best sleeping companions (yes, they're proven to benefit your sleep)
24. They love their family more than anything in the whole world.
25. They have no concept whatsoever of personal space – but it's hilarious.
26. They don't care what the weather's like outside.
27. And they get along so well with other animals.
28. They just love sleeping.
29. Big or small – they come in all shapes and sizes. Whatever suits you.
30. There's nothing better than snuggling up to your pup on the couch.
31. But most of all they'll be there for you no matter what & when you need them most. Their love for you is completely unconditional.
Has that done the trick? We hope so! And remember – adopt, don't shop. Dogs in shelters are just as worthy of your love, if not more so.
* * *