Here at the Holidog Times, we have been highlighting the most common misconceptions associated with dog breeds such as Pit Bulls, Staffies, German Shepherds, Rottweilers, Dobermans, Boxers, the list goes on…
We are fighting to put an end to the unjust reputations that these dog breeds have, mainly due to irresponsible upbringing. Any responsible parent knows, these dogs have nothing but unconditional love to give.
We stand by the argument that it is the owner and not the dog who is responsible for any vicious behaviour. Here's why:
1. Have you ever seen a dog display as much compassion as this "vicious" Pit Bull?
2. Or how about this gentle giant!
3. We have a real soft spot for Bull Terriers. Look how proud this momma is!
4. Full of joy, NOT aggression.
5. Just a bit of brotherly bonding.
6. These guys are the BEST for cuddles. Seriously, you need to try this.
7. They're just like us, always looking for a good spooning session.
8. Not every dog would let a baby chick crawl all over its face.
9. Ralph, you couldn't be any sweeter if you tried. Our hearts literally just melted in those eyes.
10. These guys are ridiculously good with kids.
11. It is such a common misconception that German Shepherd's are 'aggressive'!
12. All they want is belly rubs, and lots of them!
13. Show them love and you'll be overwhelmed by what you get in return.
14. All dogs are this gentle and calm around cats, right?
15. Could you get anything less scary than this face?!
16. This timid Doberman leapt into the arms of his handler during a dog show and still won Best of Breed, despite being a bit of a wuss.
17. They love their family more than anything.
18. And as a result they'll put up with their human's annoying habits.
19. They even show each other unconditional love.
20. And when you're feeling sad, they always lend a shoulder to cry on.
21. "You want a dog for your kids, get a Lab. You want a best friend for life for your kids… get a Boxer."
22. Can we join you guys? This is adorable.
23. What scary creature still sleeps with a blankie!!? I mean seriously…
24. Goofy is their middle name.
25. Forever young at heart.
26. And they always want to be near their human.
27. A bulldog behind the wheel… now this may be cause for concern.
28. A Great Dane enjoying a bubble bath, bet you never thought you'd see that!
29. So the next time someone tells you your dog is a dangerous breed, we all know who'll be having the last laugh!
* * *