Of all the gorgeous large dog breeds out there in the doggysphere, the Newfoundland has got to be one of our favourites!
They are the definition of gentle giants and one of the most loving and loyal pets anyone could ever hope for.
Here are 22 things that every Newfoundland parent definitely knows to be true:
1. Newfoundlands love the outdoors, particularly getting muddy…
2. They also love the cold weather and don't like being too hot.
3. People have referred to your Newfie as a 'horse', a 'pony' and even a 'bear'.
4. And their size means they need a lot of space to run about!
5. Newfoundlands are also heavy chewers who need big, indestructible toys!
6. They can destroy even the largest snacks and treats in a matter of seconds!
7. But they're incredibly gentle dogs and they get on great with other canines.
8. And basically every other animal!
9. You're lucky if you ever manage to get a seat in your own home…
10. It's pretty hard to make sure temptations are out of their reach.
11. They take an awful lot to feed, especially when they're still growing!
12. You can't believe they were once that tiny puppy…
13. Because they grow up so fast.
14. Their drool could win competitions!
15. And if your Newfie's wet, everything will get soaked.
16. Bath time is quite an ordeal!
17. Newfoundlands absolutely adore water – they have innate swimming abilities and webbed feet!
18. So the beach is their favorite place ever!
19. They are the perfect companions for your kids.
20. But all that hair means they require pretty intense grooming sessions!
21. Their smile will melt your heart every time you see it.