Dachshunds originally come from Germany where they were used to hunt badgers and other creatures that live in warrens. Today, their tiny legs and long body are easily recognizable and a source of humor for many. But be warned; they were bred to be tough enough to hunt down some of nature's most fearsome forest creatures and they really don't like being laughed at.
Trust me – You definitely, absolutely should not adopt a demonic little dachshund. It could be the last thing you ever do.
1. They are truly ferocious
2. They can overpower you with a simple cuddle – but don't be fooled. They have ulterior motives
3. And those motives are world domination
4. They're so powerful that they can make any breed into a Dachshund – just ask this Pit Bull/Dachshund mix!
Don't believe us? Check out our article on amazing dachshund mixes!
5. They'll try and discover all your secrets by stealing your mail
6. Being called sausage or wiener dogs makes them think they're entitled to hot dogs at all times
Source: Dog Shaming
7. If you don't give them what they want, they'll guilt trip you with their cuteness
8. Dachshunds don't come cheap. They require at least five costumes, which they will mainly use for spy work
9. The deception never ends. Dachshunds can actually hover and only pretend to use their tiny little legs
10. Others prefer to use wheels
11. But one thing's for sure. They WON'T want to play with you
12. Or go on adventures with you
13. Does this look like a pup who likes to party?
14. Of course not
15. They'd much rather plot their rise to power
Source: Yulia Titovets
16. And terrorize the rest of the family
💕 • • @beardedlife_style • • • Www.furandfeatherboutique.com link also in bio ⬇️ @fur_n_feather_boutique • • • • #puppies #dog #puppy #puppiesofinsta #dogsoftheday #fashion #dachshundoftheday #petdaily #dachshundparty #puppylove #dogsofinsta #petlover #dogsdaily #dogfashion #dachshundsofinstagram #doxieoftheday #sausagedog #wienerdog #wienerdogworld #sausagedogcentral
17. Think these two are peaceful hippies? Think again
18. We're serious. Whatever you do…
19. Never, EVER adopt a dachshund!
If you do decide that you want a dachshund, see if you can find one in a shelter before deciding to buy. You can find purebred dogs in shelters just like any other!
If you want to get a sausage dog puppy, make sure that you don’t support the abusive puppy mill and backyard breeder industry by getting your new family member through a trusted breeder. Ethical breeders will want to meet you several times before they sell you a puppy, will let you see the puppy with their mom, brothers and sisters and will raise their dogs in a home environment.
* * *
At Holidog, we aim to improve the lives of your furry friends. Enjoy your holidays with peace of mind, knowing your pet is in great hands (find a petsitter near you) and spoil them with our monthly subscription box filled with yummy treats and toys (they're going to love it). You can count on us!