The term mastiff describes a group of dogs of similar size and build.
The word is pretty much synonymous with molosser, a category of solidly built, large dog breeds (though there are a few small ones!) that all descend from the same common ancestor. Molossers typically have dense and heavy bones, pendant ears, a relatively short and well-muscled neck, and a short muzzle.
And guess what? They’re all absolutely gorgeous. Here are 17 of the most popular and beautiful types of mastiff that can be found across all corners of the globe.
1. Abruzzese Mastiff
2. American Mastiff
3. Bordeaux Mastiff / French Mastiff / Dogue de Bordeaux
4. Brazilian Mastiff /Fila Brasileiro
6. Argentinian Mastiff / Dogo Argentino
7. Dutch Mastiff / Pug
8. English Mastiff
9. German Mastiff / Great Dane
10. Italian Mastiff / Cane Corso
11. Japanese Mastiff / Tosa Inu
12. Korean Mastiff / Dosa Gae
13. Neapolitan Mastiff / Italian Mastiff
14. Pakistani Mastiff / Bully Kutta
15. Pyrenean Mastiff
16. South African Mastiff / Boerboel